If you are suffering from arthritis, you know how painful it can be to open cans of food. If you’re looking for the best electric can opener for arthritis, then you’ve come to the right place! I’ve compiled a list of the best electric can openers for arthritis that will help you open your favorite canned food without much pain.
- Are electric can openers worth it?
- Should you wash a can opener?
- Best electric can opener for arthritis
- 1. Best Overall: Hamilton Beach
- 2. Best For Design: Kitchen Mama Electric Can Opener
- 3. Best For Quality: Cuisinart CCO-50BKN
- 4. Best For Price: Electric Can Opener
- 5. Best For Easy Use: POHL SCHMITT Electric Can Opener
- 6. Best For Safety: Kitchen Automatic Safety Cordless One Tin Touch Electric Can Opener
- 7. Best For Restaurant: KITCHENMUH Electric Jar Opener
- 8. Best For Lightweight: Electric Can Opener
- 9. Best For Battery: Electric Can Opener
- 10. Best In Stainless Steel: Oster FPSTCN1300
- What is the best type of can opener to buy?
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Finale Verdict
Are electric can openers worth it?
Electric can openers are worth it. Because they’re more convenient, safer, and faster than manual can openers.
Electric can openers are worth it because they’re more convenient.
Manual can openers require you to use your hands to turn the knob or lever on the opener. This is not always easy for people with hand issues or arthritis. Electric can openers don’t require any manual input from you at all.
All you have to do is press a button and wait for the lid of your jar or can to pop off. This makes them much easier to use than manual ones if you have trouble holding things in your hands or if you have painful joints that make gripping difficult.
Electric can openers are also worth it. Because they’re safer for children than manual ones.
Moreover, electric can openers are less dangerous than manual ones for children. Because they don’t require any manual input from kids (or adults!) who might not be able to follow instructions carefully enough to avoid serious injury from using a traditional opener safely. This will help keep everyone in your family safe while opening up cans of food on a regular basis!
The next step is figuring out what kind of lid-opening mechanism you want. There are two main types:
- Manual crank and automatic (or semi-automatic) ejection systems. Manual cranks require you to turn the handle until you get enough leverage to pop off the lid
- Automatic ejection systems rely on two arms that swing down from above and pry off the top of the can as it spins around them in opposite directions simultaneously.
Automatic ejection systems tend to be easier for those with arthritis or other mobility issues. Because they don’t require any hand strength at all on behalf of users. They simply need to push down on a button or lever!
Should you wash a can opener?
If you’ve ever wondered whether or not you should wash a can opener, we have the answer for you.
First of all, there are two different kinds of can openers: manual and electric. Electric can openers are usually dishwasher safe and can be washed in the top rack, but manual ones are usually hand-washed by hand.
In general, it’s best to clean your can opener with warm water and soap after each use to prevent rusting. But if it’s not too dirty, you can just wipe it down with a damp rag or paper towel before putting it away for storage.
Best electric can opener for arthritis
- Best Overall: Hamilton Beach (76606ZA) Smooth Touch Electric Automatic Can Opener with Easy Push-Down Lever, Opens All Standard-Size and Pop-Top Cans, Extra Tall, Black and Chrome
- Best For Design: Kitchen Mama Electric Can Opener: Open Your Cans with A Simple Push of Button – No Sharp Edge, Food-Safe and Battery Operated Handheld Can Opener(Red)
- Best For Quality: Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener, Black
- Best For Price: Electric Can Opener, No Sharp Edge Kitchen Can Opener, Senior with Arthritis, Best Gift for Women&Kitchen Gadget, Almost Size Can
- Best For Easy Use: POHL SCHMITT Electric Can Opener, Knife Sharpener, and Bottle Opener, Easy Push-Down Lever, Black
- Best For Safety: Kitchen Automatic Safety Cordless One Tin Touch Electric Can Opener& Bangrui Professional Electric Can Opener.One-touch switch. Smooth can edge. Being friendly to left-handers and arthritics! (Red)
- Best For Restaurant: KITCHENMUH Electric Jar Opener, Restaurant Automatic Jar Opener for Seniors with Arthritis, Weak Hands, Bottle Opener for Arthritic Hands
- Best For Lightweight: Electric Can Opener, Kitchen Can Opener Without Sharp Edges, Light Weight Best Choice for Cooks, Housewives, Elderly and Arthritis Sufferers
- Best For Battery: Electric Can Opener, Can Opener Electric Food Safe Use, No Sharp Edge, Best Kitchen Gadgets for Food Safe and Battery Operated Handheld Can Opener
- Best In Stainless Steel: Oster FPSTCN1300 Electric Can Opener, Stainless Steel
1. Best Overall: Hamilton Beach
Smooth Touch Electric Automatic Can Opener with Easy Push-Down Lever, Opens All Standard-Size and Pop-Top Cans, Extra Tall, Black, and Chrome.
- Easily open cans with one hand
- Eliminates sharp lid edges
- It Opens pop-top and regular cans
If you’re looking for an electric can opener that will open all standard-size and pop-top cans, the Hamilton Beach (76606ZA) Smooth Touch Electric Automatic Can Opener with Easy Push-Down Lever is your best bet.
This sleek can opener cuts cans along the sides for smooth, touchable lids. It also eliminates sharp lid edges and easily opens cans with one hand. Also, eliminates the need to struggle with or handle sharp and messy pop-top lids any longer.
The motor of your can opener is permanently lubricated and will require no oiling. So you never have to worry about maintenance! And since it’s designed with an easy-touch opening lever, the entire process is simple and straightforward.
|Easy to remove the can||There are no cons to this product|
|You can Easily clean this|
|This is so easy to use|
|It has made with high-quality material|
2. Best For Design: Kitchen Mama Electric Can Opener
Open Your Cans with A Simple Push of Button – No Sharp Edge, Food-Safe and Battery Operated Handheld Can Opener(Red)
- Safety design
- User-friendly, ergonomic design
If you’re looking for an electric can opener that will help you open cans with a simple tap of a button, and without any sharp edges, then look no further than the Kitchen Mama Electric Can Opener.
This product is easy to use and has been designed with safety in mind. It cuts the top off of any can and leaves no sharp edges behind so that it’s safe to use on food. The blade also works 360 degrees around the lid. So it will cut through any size can!
It’s also comfortable to hold and easy on your hands. Perfect for people with arthritis or other joint issues who have trouble gripping items like regular can openers.
The Kitchen Mama Electric Can Opener is battery-operated, making it convenient for anyone who might not have access to an outlet when needed.
|You can easily clean this can opener||Sometimes, it gets so hot|
|You can easily remove the can by this|
|It’s so easy to use|
3. Best For Quality: Cuisinart CCO-50BKN
Deluxe Electric Can Opener, Black
- Suitable for any can
- Good Noise Level
If you’re looking for the best quality electric can opener for arthritis, you want to make sure that you find one that is durable, easy to use, and easy to clean. The Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener is the perfect option for these needs.
The Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener is made from quality materials that will last you many years. This product is made from BPA-free plastic. So it’s safe for anyone with any food allergies or sensitivities. It also has a sturdy base that prevents sliding or tipping while in use.
The power-cut blade of this product makes it easy to open any size can with just one touch of a button. There’s no need to struggle with manual can openers or other products that are difficult to use with arthritis or any other condition affecting your hands or wrists.
When you’re done using this product, simply remove the activation lever and clean it in the sink or dishwasher. You’ll be ready to go again in no time!
|You can easily clean this can opener||Sometimes, the plastic lever of this item broke apart|
|It’s so easy to remove a can|
|It has long durability|
|You will get a LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY with this can opener|
4. Best For Price: Electric Can Opener
No Sharp Edge Kitchen Can Opener, Senior with Arthritis, Best Gift for Women & Kitchen Gadget, Almost Size Can.
- No Sharp Edge Electric Can Opener
- Suitable For Most Of Cans
If you’re looking for a can opener that’s affordable, safe, and easy to use, look no further than this product.
This electric can opener has all the features you need in a can opener. It’s easy to use, and it doesn’t require manual labor or strenuous squeezing. Just put it on your can and press the button! It will cut around the can in a circle, and it opens cans of almost any size.
It’s also safe for those with arthritis or hand pain. You don’t have to worry about accidentally cutting yourself with the sharp edge of a traditional can opener. And if you’re worried about it being too big to fit into your kitchen drawer? Not at all! This little gadget takes up almost no space at all.
But what really sets this product apart is how affordable it is, you really can’t go wrong with this purchase!
|You can easily clean this can opener||You can feel problems while installing the battery|
|You can easily remove can by the product|
|This is a perfect item to gift|
5. Best For Easy Use: POHL SCHMITT Electric Can Opener
Knife Sharpener and Bottle Opener, Easy Push-Down Lever, Black
- Top Quality & Function
- Safety Above All
- Detachable Cutting Lever
- Only The Best Quality With Pohl + Schmitt
When it comes to your arthritic hands, you don’t want to be struggling with a can opener. You need something that’s easy to use, and that won’t require you to put in too much effort.
It may be tempting to go with a manual can opener. But they’re harder on your hands than an electric one. This is why we really like the POHL SCHMITT Electric Can Opener, Knife Sharpener, Bottle Opener, Easy Push-Down Lever, and Black.
This appliance not only opens cans easily with just one push of the lever handle. But it also sharpens knives and opens bottles. It’s got a heavy-duty motor and a stable footprint that won’t slide around while you’re using it. And when you’re done with it? There’s hidden cord storage. So you can keep your countertops clutter-free.
But what we love most about this product is its safety features: it has a built-in magnet. Therefore, when you open the lid from the can, it will hang on to keep your fingers safe from cuts. Plus there’s no need for sharp knives or scissors because all three tasks are accomplished by this one device!
|This is the easiest can opener that you can use||There is no problem with this can opener|
|You will feel very lightweight while using this|
|You can safely use the can opener|
6. Best For Safety: Kitchen Automatic Safety Cordless One Tin Touch Electric Can Opener
Bangrui Professional Electric Can Opener.One-touch switch. Smooth can edge. Being friendly to left-handers and arthritics! (Red)
- Latest technology to open the lid
- Strong power by: 4x batteries (not included)
If you’re looking for a can opener that’s safe and easy to use, look no further.
I’m talking about the Kitchen Automatic Safety Cordless One Tin Touch Electric Can Opener& Bangrui Professional Electric Can Opener. This little guy is small enough to fit in any drawer and strong enough to open cans of all shapes and sizes.
It uses the latest technology to open the lid by releasing the pressure from inside the can. It leaves no sharp edges, meaning a safer cut. It works on cans of different sizes (excluding rimless cans and peculiar-shaped cans).
Effortlessly open cans with a touch of one button, Easy to use. Ideal for the disabled, arthritis sufferers, and left-handed people. Perfect for kitchen use. Strong power by: 4x batteries (not included). No need to charge. It is highly portable and more convenient to use.
It has an ergonomic lever that is comfortable to hold. Exquisite product with high quality from Bangui Professional Flagship Store. Safe and durable. A professional safety electric can opener is an ideal tool for all dining rooms.
|You can easily clean this item||There are no cons of this item|
|This is the safest can opener that I found|
|This is a giftable product (looking beautiful)|
|You can easily use the can opener|
7. Best For Restaurant: KITCHENMUH Electric Jar Opener
Restaurant Automatic Jar Opener for Seniors with Arthritis, Weak Hands, Bottle Opener for Arthritic Hands.
- Energy efficient
- Suitable for any size
If you’re looking for an electric can opener that’s suitable for a restaurant, easy to use, and doesn’t require a lot of effort, KITCHENMUH Electric Jar Opener might be your best bet.
The first thing I noticed about this opener is that it’s very compact and lightweight. This is great if you’re looking for something small enough to store in your kitchen drawer or cupboard. It also works on any size can and has a push-button operation that makes it very user-friendly. The only thing you need to do is adjust the device to fit the size of your can before pressing down on the button to open it up.
This opener runs on two AA batteries (which are included). So there’s no need to worry about charging or plugging it into an outlet while using it.
I also love how energy efficient this device is! It uses very little energy from its batteries. So you won’t have to worry about them dying on you during use or having them run out too quickly.
|You can use this to gift||Some customers found this can opener noisy|
|This is so easy to clean|
|You can easily use this item|
8. Best For Lightweight: Electric Can Opener
A kitchen can opener without sharp edges, the lightweight best choice for cooks, housewives, elderly, and arthritis sufferers.
- Suitable for all ages
- POWER: 2 AA batteries (not included)
There’s nothing worse than having to struggle with an electric can opener. And if you have arthritis, it’s even worse: you don’t want sharp edges, and you’re probably looking for something that’s lightweight and easy to use.
Luckily, I’ve found the best electric can opener for arthritis! It’s easy to use, it works well on all kinds of jars, and it’s super lightweight. You’ll be able to open your cans without the physical effort or stress that comes from using a manual can opener.
In addition to being easy to use and safe, this product can open most sizes of cans with just one click of a button. It automatically stops after opening so that you don’t need to worry about lifting up the lid yourself. Just push it down and let the machine do the rest! It’s also very easy to clean: just wipe away any stains with a damp cloth!
This product requires 2 AA batteries (not included) for operation. And once you have them installed you’re ready to go! There’s nothing else needed except for your favorite canned food items!
|You will feel very lightweight while using this can opener||You will feel problems while using this|
|You can easily use the product|
9. Best For Battery: Electric Can Opener
Can opener electric food safe use, no sharp edge, best kitchen gadgets for food safety and battery operated handheld can opener.
- Safety & Smooth Edge
- Suitable For Most Of the Cans
If you’re looking for the best can opener that is battery operated, easier, and safer, then look no further. This electric can opener is the perfect tool for any kitchen and it’s so easy to use!
It’s powered by 2 x AA batteries (battery not included). So there’s no need to worry about having power available when you want to use it. You’ll find that using this electric can opener saves time in the kitchen. And it makes opening cans much more enjoyable than using other types of openers!
Just place it on top of the can, press the button, and voila! Your lid is gone. No sharp edges are left behind. So you don’t have to worry about cutting yourself or getting cut by someone else in the kitchen.
This electric can opener is also great as a gift. Because it’s professional and safe while still being fun and useful! It’s ideal for parents, friends, family members or elders.
|Powered by 2 x AA batteries(battery not included)||I didn’t find any disadvantages in this product|
|You can easily clean this can opener|
|This is so incredibly easy to use|
|This is one of the perfect can openers for gift|
10. Best In Stainless Steel: Oster FPSTCN1300
Electric can opener, stainless steel.
- Hands-free operation
- Shuts off automatically
- Stainless steel
If you’re looking for the best electric can opener that is best in stainless steel, then look no further than the Oster FPSTCN1300 Electric Can Opener. This model has a power-pierce cutting mechanism that safely and efficiently opens cans.
The hands-free operation ensures that you’ll never have to worry about getting your fingers in harm’s way while using this handy kitchen appliance. The magnetic lid lifter works in conjunction with the automatic shutoff feature.
So you don’t have to worry about getting burned or forgetting to turn off the machine when it’s not in use. It even includes an integrated bottle opener!
This model measures approximately 6.110 inches W x 5.410 inches L x 9.500 inches H. So it will fit on any countertop without taking up too much space. Its stainless steel construction means that it will stay looking sharp for years to come, even after repeated use at high speeds!
|You can easily clean this can opener||Some customers found that the motor of this is so weak|
|This is so easy to use|
|The durability of this product is good enough|
|Also, the sheerness of this item is quite good|
What is the best type of can opener to buy?
Can openers come in many shapes and sizes, but most of them serve the same purpose. With so many options available on the market, it can be difficult to choose which one is best. Some people prefer manual can openers while others prefer electric ones. Both types have their advantages and disadvantages that should be considered before making a purchase.
When you decide which kind of can opener you want, there are several factors that should be taken into account before making a decision. These include:
Can openers are relatively inexpensive items but there are still some models that cost more than others due to added features or high-quality materials used in construction. If money is tight then consider looking for a less expensive model with fewer features or one made from cheaper materials such as plastic rather than metal or wood; this may save money on replacement parts later down the road (if necessary).
Some models may not last as long as others due to low-quality materials used in construction. This means they’ll need replacing sooner than expected (or breaking down entirely). Look for features like steel blades instead of plastic ones because they’re stronger
You want to make sure your hands stay safe while using one of these products. so look for ones with safety features like lockable handles that prevent accidents from happening. Having one built-in would be ideal but it’s not always necessary (depending on what it’s being used
Quality is important when choosing any type of product and this includes can openers. The best models will have durable blades made from stainless steel. Also, it will be able to open cans easily without breaking apart under pressure from those inside like plastic models often do. This will save time in the long run since you won’t have to replace them often!
Ease of use
The best can openers will be easy for anyone to use regardless of age or hand strength. This means having an ergonomic design that fits comfortably in your hand while also having just enough weight. So it doesn’t feel flimsy when using it against a can’s lid/top.
Can come in different sizes depending on what’s inside them. And you’ll want an opener that fits snugly around these containers without slipping off when trying to open them up. If there’s too much space between outer edges then you could end up cutting yourself during use (which happens often enough already).
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do you keep a can opener sharp?
Keeping your can opener sharp is a breeze. Here are our top tips:
- Use the right kind of can opener
Can openers come in all shapes and sizes. But if you’re looking for one that’s going to last, it’s important to find one made from the right materials. I recommend using a can opener made from high-quality steel. This will prevent rusting and corrosion, which dulls blades quickly.
- Keep your can opener clean.
If you’re using your can opener frequently, it’s important to give it a regular cleaning. As a result, any food residue doesn’t build up and dull its blade over time. You should also keep it dry when not in use, as moisture can lead to corrosion as well. And no one wants their cans opening themselves!
- Use your can opener on cans with smooth surfaces only!
If there are any bumps or ridges on the surface of your cans’ lids (like those created by vacuum packing), these will catch on your blade and cause damage over time. So try sticking with smooth-sided cans for the best results!
How to use an electric can opener?
- Open the lid on the can opener and place the edge of the can on top of it.
- Press down on the lid so that it presses against the rim of the can. And turn it clockwise until you hear a clicking sound. This tells you that it’s punctured through the lip of the can and ready for use!
- Hold down your hand on top of the can while you turn it counterclockwise until you hear another clicking sound. This means that it has punctured through all sides of the lid and is ready to open!
- Lift up on your hand so that it removes itself from underneath the lid, then pull down on both handles until they click into place (this will help prevent any sharp edges from cutting into your fingers). Now go ahead and pour yourself a delicious beverage!
Why does my can opener always rust?
Your can opener is rusting because it’s not stainless steel.
Stainless steel is a highly resistant metal that doesn’t rust easily. But if you have an aluminum or carbon-steel can opener, it will eventually start to rust.
This is because the blades on your can opener are made of these types of metals. These are less resistant to corrosion than stainless steel. This means that they’ll develop a layer of corrosion over time. The longer they’re exposed to air, water, and oxygen, the more likely they are to rust.
So what can you do? You have a few options:
If possible, replace your current can opener with one that’s made from stainless steel. It will last much longer without rusting than an aluminum or carbon-steel model. If that’s not an option for you right now, try using mineral oil on your can opener every month. Or so as to slow down the rusting process and keep it looking shiny and new longer!
How to clean an electric can opener?
- Unplug the can opener. You don’t want to risk getting shocked!
- Take off the cutting head and remove any food particles that are stuck inside it.
- Use a sponge or soft cloth with warm water to wipe down the rest of your can opener. Make sure to use as little soap as possible, since this could damage its electrical components.
- Rinse with clean water and dry off with a paper towel or cloth, then reassemble all parts of your can opener.
Should you put a can opener in the dishwasher?
Cleaning your can opener is not as simple as just putting it in the dishwasher and hitting start. The best way to clean your can opener is to use a sponge, some water, and some dish soap to get off any gunk that’s accumulated on the blade of the can opener. You should also be sure to check for rust or other damage that might have occurred while you were using it.
Why do my can openers keep breaking?
It can be pretty frustrating when your can opener keeps breaking.
The first thing to look at is the quality of your can opener. There are many different types of can openers. So picking one that will stand up to the task of opening cans is essential. The best can openers are ones that are specifically designed for opening cans and have a sharp blade for cutting through the lid without damaging it. If you want to make sure that you’re getting a quality product, you should look for one that is made from stainless steel or carbon steel.
Why do electric can openers stop working?
- You may not be using the right kind of can opener for your needs. If you’re using it on large cans full of liquid, or if you’re opening a lot of cans at once, it might not be able to keep up with all the work that’s being asked of it.
- The motor might be overheating. This can happen if the can opener is being used for too long or if there’s something wrong with its wiring. For example, if one of the wires has come loose from its connection point on the motor.
- There could be something lodged in between the blades, preventing them from properly clamping down on whatever part of the lid they’re supposed to be clamping down on. Some people have reported finding coins inside their machines when this happens!
What do you do when your can opener doesn’t work?
- Make sure you’re using the right can opener for your can.
- Check that the blade is sharp and clean.
- Make sure your can opener is turned on properly, with the cutting edge facing down into the tin.
- If there’s still no progress, try pressing down on the lever firmly with both hands to make sure it’s working correctly.
- If none of this works, try using a different type of can opener. If you have one!
How long can openers last?
The lifespan of an opener depends on how well it’s maintained. If you use your opener frequently, you can expect it to last around three years.
Keep in mind that if you’re using your opener for commercial purposes, you may need to replace it more often than if you’re using it as a personal item.
When you’re living with arthritis, you know that it can make it hard to open canned food. Luckily, there are electric can openers that make it easier to get at the contents of a can, so consider trying one of these to help make life easier for yourself.
Hi, I’m Kimberley. I am a happy and adventurous person who enjoys writing about the finer details of the kitchen niche. My blog is where I can share all my thoughts and opinions with other passionate food lovers like me!
if you’re reading this then it’s probably safe to assume that you’ve stumbled across one of my blogs about the kitchen niche! I love writing informative blogs and review posts for those who are looking for a little bit more information before buying their next product.
Follow me on Twitter