Grease buildup in an air fryer is a common problem. Grease can build up in the pan, and even in the air fryer tray, which makes cleaning the unit difficult.
If you’re looking for a way to keep your air fryer clean, you need to know how to clean the grease from the air fryer tray. Here’s how.
How to clean grease from air fryer tray
Cleaning a greasy air fryer tray is easy. But you’ve got to know the right method for your particular model.
Here are the two easy ways to clean grease from the air fryer tray:
Using vinegar and baking soda
The best way to clean grease from your air fryer tray is to use a mixture of vinegar and baking soda. It’s cheap, easy, and can be done in about 5 minutes.
- Combine 1 part vinegar with 3 parts water in a bowl or container. You can also use lemon juice instead of vinegar if you prefer.
- Pour the mixture into an empty spray bottle and shake it well to combine.
- Spray the greasy surface with the vinegar mixture until it’s completely covered, then let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Wipe down your clean surface with another towel or sponge dipped in plain water. This will remove any leftover residue from the vinegar mixture and help prevent rusting on metal surfaces like those found on air fryers.
Using oven cleaner
- Remove the air fryer tray from the air fryer and set it on a flat, heat-safe surface.
- Spray oven cleaner in a thin layer over the bottom of the air fryer tray. Make sure that you do not spray any directly into the small holes in the bottom of the pan.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to allow time for the oven cleaner to work its magic on the grease and grime on your pan’s surface.
- Scrub with a clean sponge or cloth until you see all of the gunk has been removed from your pan!
- Rinse off any remaining residue with warm water and then dry with paper towels before returning to your air fryer!
Thing to consider
- When cleaning your air fryer tray, it’s important to use a safe product.
- Never clean the tray with an abrasive product, as it can damage the coating on the tray and cause it to deteriorate over time.
- Always read the instructions on any cleaning products you use. This is because of making sure they are safe for your air fryer’s parts. Also, they will not cause any damage if left in contact with them for too long or at too high of a temperature
If you want an air fryer tray that you can clean easily by just putting it in the dishwasher, then check the best oven air fryer tray.
How often should I clean my air fryer tray?
As a general rule, you should clean your air fryer’s tray after every use. But if you think about it, that can be a lot of dishes to wash! So we recommend cleaning it at least once a week.
Here are some tips for keeping your air fryer’s tray clean:
- Make sure you’re using the right amount of oil. If there’s too much oil in the pan, it could splatter when the food starts cooking and get on your tray. It could also prevent the food from cooking evenly.
- Make sure that you’re using high-quality ingredients. Not only do they taste better, but they’ll cook more quickly and evenly as well!
- Clean your air fryer’s tray after each use with warm soapy water. And let it dry completely before storing it away or putting it away in storage.
What is the best easy-to-clean air fryer tray?
It’s hard to deny that air fryers are a great way to cook food. They’re fast, they’re easy, and the results are usually delicious. But what happens when you want to use your air fryer?
If you have pets and kids in the house, or if you just don’t want to clean up after yourself all the time, you might find that cleaning an air fryer can be a real pain. That’s why we’re here! We’ve done all the research for you and found the top-rated air fryer trays that are easy to clean.
Gotham Steel Crisper Tray
When you’re ready to make some crispy food, you want to do it easily and quickly. The Gotham Steel Crisper Tray for Oven is here to help you out. With its nonstick ceramic coating, you’ll be able to clean up in no time at all.
The Gotham Steel Crisper Tray is dishwasher-safe and ready to go right out of the box. Just put it in the oven, cook your food like normal, and then throw it in the dishwasher when you’re done! It’s that easy.
The Gotham Steel Crisper Tray can also be used for baking. Just make sure to keep an eye on it so that nothing burns.
We hope that this article has been helpful, and we would love to hear from you! If there’s anything else you’d like us to cover, or if you have any questions about this article, please let us know in the comment section.
Hi, I’m Kimberley. I am a happy and adventurous person who enjoys writing about the finer details of the kitchen niche. My blog is where I can share all my thoughts and opinions with other passionate food lovers like me!
if you’re reading this then it’s probably safe to assume that you’ve stumbled across one of my blogs about the kitchen niche! I love writing informative blogs and review posts for those who are looking for a little bit more information before buying their next product.
Follow me on Twitter